Monday, January 12, 2009

Christmas 2008

Wow I can't believe how time flies!! I know I haven't updated in a while so I am trying to back track. Christmas wasn't the most pleasant celebration this year. Both Katarina and I came down with the stomach flu on Christmas Eve during the day and still weren't 100% Christmas day so all the running really wore us out. I know I didn't really enjoy Christmas at all and Katarina seemed to a little but not as much as children usually do!! Plus it was somewhat ironic that I was puking sick because this year was the first time in like 4 years that Nick and I have both not had to work Christmas and the last time we both had Christmas day off I woke up in the middle of the night Christmas Eve with the stomach flu as well!! It is a sign that one of us should be working I guess. Sam and Ian had a good Christmas though!! It was funny because a lot of the stuff that was opened at Grandma & Grandpa Gardow's Ian would exclaim something to the effect of "I really like that" or "I wanted that too". Wish would have had a working video camera this year, he was absolutely hilarious!!! We got a Nintendo Wii from my mom and dad and everyone loves it. It gives us a way to bond as a family playing games and also get some exercise (added bonus for Mom & Dad)!! Of course we had fun decorating the tree and the house. And before all that we had a lot of fun getting our tree with the entire Gardow family at Pleasant Valley Tree Farm in Elk Mound, WI. All in all it was a good Christmas considering!!

No comments: