Monday, April 27, 2009

IT'S A BOY!!!


Introducing our new son
Evan Jason Gardow
born April 21st, 2009 at 2:00pm
weighing in at 7 lbs 9 oz
19 3/4 inches long


His big brother Ian is ecstatic!! Between Sam, Katarina, Ian and Nicholas it is a fight on who gets to hold him next. (I wonder how long that will last!). Everything went pretty good with labor and delivery. Little Evan had pooped in utero and had managed to wrap the umbilical cord around his neck before coming out but Dr. Zander was there and helped suction all the meconium out of Evan's lungs and we heard that most precious first cry!! As for me I really can't complain. My water broke at 7:30am, we went to the hospital about 9:30 due to the meconium, I started having contractions around 1:30pm and Evan was born at 2!! (for all the mom's cursing me right now, sorry). We came home last Thursday and everything is going well.
Evan is a really good eater and loves to snuggle. Well okay I don't know if Evan likes to cuddle as much as mom does but he still snuggles right in!! Dad complains because every time he gets a chance to hold Evan, he gets hungry and tries to eat dad's shirt or his little fingers. If you're in the neighborhood, stop by sometime!!

No comments: