Thursday, December 4, 2008

Ultrasound







On Tuesday, December 2nd I had an ultrasound at CVTC to see how our baby #4 is doing. He or she is great!! Getting big, by measurements they have me 2 days ahead of my current due date, hopefully that means baby will come a little early but I am thinking baby will also be big like big brother Ian was (he as 8#4oz). Baby, dubbed "Homer" by Nicholas was sure moving and grooving. Even at our very first ultrasound at 8 weeks baby's arms were flailing all over the place!! This time baby would not stop moving, maybe a few seconds at a time. Even the ultrasound techs had a hard time getting measurements due to all the movement!! I can tell me and Homer are going to have some fun months ahead of us. Just in the past few days I have really started to feel baby moving around, love this part of pregnancy! And my belly definitely popped out now. Can't wait for April. I think it is going to be a boy as this is the name we cannot agree on. For a girl it is either Anastasia or Isabella (I have had these names since Katarina was born) so it was very easy, middle name is still up in the air. Boys names on the other hand are presenting to be a challenge. If it is a boy the middle name will be Jason, after Deputy Jason Zunker who was killed in the line of duty earlier this year. But I tell you finding a name that flows nice that both Nick and I can agree on is more difficult than one would initially think it would be. Our baby will be the one who isn't named for like 3 days after it's birth cuz we can't decide on a name. If worse comes to worse we will just have to have a few picked out and let baby decide. The pictures they were able to get for me for the baby book are wonderful. There is one of the hand, almost like giving you a high 5, a look at baby's face and last both feet pressed against the side of my belly. And this time I got a DVD of the entire ultrasound. When I had one with Ian 5 years ago they forgot to put the tape in while doing the ultrasound!!! I wasn't very happy that time btu things happen and it just wasn't meant to be. Enjoy!!

1 comment:

The Erickson Family said...

Very cute ultrasound pictures! Congrats again! I love the one that shows both of the feet. Most of the time it seems like there is only one foot or the other.